This recipe calls for both slow cooking the roast as well as frying before serving.
* Pork shoulder roast
* Onion and Garlic powder
* Green Onions
1. Place a pork shoulder roast in a crock pot, cover roast completely with water.
2. Sprinkle onion & garlic powder into crock pot.
3. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on high, or 8 to 10 hours on low.
4. If frying at a later time, refrigerate roast with some of the cooking water.
5. When ready to make tacos, shred the meat.
6. Chop up as much jalapenos and green onions as desired.
7. In a large frying pan add some oil. When the oil is hot but not burning add the meat and fry.
8. Add some of the cooking water as needed to fry pan to keep the meat moist.
9. In the last 5 or so minutes of cooking the meat, add the jalapenos and onions to meat.
10. Meat should come out crispy but still moist
11. Serve on tortillas (preferably soft corn tortillas) with choice of condiments (salsa, cheese, onions, etc)